260 g cashew nuts , raw or roasted
80 g honey
70 g water
Place nut base into prepared slice tin and press until an even base is formed. Place in fridge to chill. Clean and dry Thermomix bowl.
Place the apple mix on top of the nut base and smooth over to cover evenly. Return slice to the fridge for at least 30 mins. Clean and dry bowl.
To serve, cut apple slice into squares and top with a dollop of cashew cream. Return to the fridge for at least 30 mins.
Tip. All ingredients that are soaked need to be soaked overnight. For the base soak 240gmalmonds, dates and sultanas overnight rinse and discard water. For the filling, soak dates and sultanas together in210mlwater and retain soaking liquid as an ingredient for the filling. Raw apple slice can be stored in the fridge and served chilled. Remove cashew cream from fridge 15 minutes before serving.
3 cups dry walnuts
2/3 cup cacao powder
¼ teas sea salt
1 cup pitted dates
1/3 cup semi sofe pitted medjool dates
¼ c agave syrup
½ c ripe avocado flesh
1/3 c cacoa powder
½ cup raspberries
To make the cake, combine walnuts, cacao powder and salt in food processor and pulse until coarsely mixed. Don''t over process. Add dates and pulse until mixed well. Shape into 2 stackable cakes of desired shape and set aside.
To make the frosting, combine the dates and agave syrup in food processor and blend until smooth. Add avocado and process. Add cacao powder and process until smooth.
To serve, frost ht top of one of the cakes with half the frosting and top with the raspberries. Stack the second cake on the top and frost the top and side. Service immediately or place in fridge for a couple hours to firm up.
The cake on its own will keep in the fridge for many weeks. The frosting will keep separately in the fridge for about 1 week. The assembled cake with raspberries will keep in fridge for 3 days.
Raw Kelp Noodles with Kale and Garlic Almond Miso Dressing
Thankyou Melinda from Old Bar
I packet kelp noodles
4 kale stems
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
pinch sesame seeds
100 gms tamari roasted almonds, roughly chopped
¼ cup water
3 tablespoons almond butter
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons miso paste
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon lime juice
½ teaspoon pure maple syrup or agave syrup
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
little ground pepper
* Open packet of kelp noodles and chop into small chunks and toss in large bowl.
* Remove the hard stem of kale and chop the leaves into small pieces. Toss with kelp noodles.
* Drizzle on olive oil and massage through to soften the kale
* In a bowl, add the water, nut butter, sesame oil, miso paste, garlic powder, onion powder, lime juice maple/agave syrup and pepper. Whisk until even, pour over the kale and kelp noodles and combine well.
* Open the avocado and chop in half. Slice in small thin pieces.
* Add the chopped tamari almonds and avocado pieces in the large bowl with the kelp noodles and give it a brief stir, don't overdo it. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top and serve.
OVERNIGHT CHOCOLATE CHIA SEED PUDDING
Simple, 6 ingredient chocolate chia seed pudding that's naturally sweetened and so thick and creamy. Simple, loaded with nutrients and perfect for breakfast, a snack or dessert!
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Dessert, Breakfast
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
• 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) Almond Breeze Almondmilk Original Unsweetened
• 1/3 cup (63 g) chia seeds
• 1/4 cup (24 g) cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
• 2-5 Tbsp (30-75 ml) maple syrup if not blending (can sub 5-9 dates, pitted if blending)
• 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Add all ingredients except sweetener to a mixing bowl and whisk vigorously to combine. If not blending (which I preferred!), sweeten to taste with maple syrup at this time. If blending, you can sweeten later with maple syrup or dates.
2. Let rest covered in the fridge overnight or at least 3-5 hours (or until it's achieved a pudding-like consistency).
3. If blending, add to a blender and blend until completely smooth and creamy, scraping down sides as needed. Sweeten to taste.
4. Leftovers keep covered in the fridge for 2-3 days, though best when fresh.
5. Serve chilled with desired toppings, such as fruit, granola or coconut whipped cream.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 of 4 servings.
*Prep time does not include chilling!
*Recipe loosely adapted from Pop Sugar.
Serving size: 1/4 of recipe Calories: 133 Fat: 8 g Saturated fat: 1.2 g Carbohydrates: 17 g Sugar: 9gSodium: 187mg Fiber: 8.6 g Protein: 5.3 g